DISPERSA O-250 is an organic, plant-based and non-aromatic solvent. It can be used as an additive in the formulation of demulsifiers, wax, paraffin dispersants / inhibitors and pour point depressants. Its manufacture confirms to the principal of Green Chemistry.
It is a solvent that can be used in the formulation of paraffin dispersants, wax inhibitors, paraffin dissolvers, pour point depressants, demulsifiers and cleaning compounds. It is safe to use, a biodegradable and environment friendly substitute for methanol, toluene, diesel, xylene and other similar solvents.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Excellent solvency property, with a Kauri Butanol Value of 120 that is superior to other plant-derived solvents (e.g. d-Limonene, KB Value = 68) and petroleum-based solvents like xylene (KB value = 98).
- Can be used neat as a paraffin dissolver.
- Compatible with most active ingredients used in the formulation of Wax and Asphaltene Inhibitors, Demulsifiers, Pour Point Depressants and Paraffin Dispersants.
- Superior performance allowing formulators to use the product at lower dosages compared to petroleum-based solvents.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) of less than 5% makes it safer to use compared to petroleum-based solvents.
- Higher flash point than diesel and other aromatic solvents
- Low pour point of up to -20oC
- It is non-flammable making it safer to transport and store
- Plant-based, biodegradable and non-carcinogenic
It can be purchased in bulk and 200L drum. Special packing can be arranged.